Top 10 Blog Post Ideas
Lots of us have great information to share, but don’t always know exactly what to share. My best suggestion is to write down the topics you know a lot about. I know about blogging, entrepreneurship and online marketing, so I write about those topics. What are your hobbies, passions and interests? Once you have several categories or subjects to discuss with others, consider these top 10 blog post ideas.
1) How To: Teach something to the world. Provide step-by-step instructions for others to follow. Most of what I’ve personally learned about gardening, first came from watching various YouTube videos. The YouTube algorithm loves sequential videos that are part of a series. So, come up with a series of “how to” videos to share your product or idea.
2) Borrow topics from other bloggers. See what’s being said about the topics that interest you and put your own spin on them. Don’t copy! Put the content in your own words. Take the best blog posts you can find and improve them.
3) Book reviews. What books on the subject matter have you read? I really loved “Choose Yourself” by James Altucher. It’s my favorite book on entrepreneurship. Plus, you can link to Amazon from your blog posts and not only give people a direct connection to the book, but also earn a few bucks as an affiliate marketer.
4) Interviews. Maybe some of your favorite authors will be willing to talk to you. Maybe the interview will be only text, or maybe it will be a recorded phone or Zoom conversation that you can post on YouTube and then other social media sites. Consider interviewing other bloggers you respect, or anyone you respect as long as it relates to the subject matter of your blog post. Video is king now and people will watch as long as you’re delivering value.
5) Guest Posts: Maybe the folks you’d consider interviewing have blogs of their own and would love to share it with your readers? Linking to other people’s blogs is a way for Google’s bots to find your blog too. So are internal links pointing back to your own blog posts. Read my post on the Best Blog Format and also How To Get My Blog On The First Page Of Google.
6) Writing Contest: Join one or create one. I’m not only an online entrepreneur, but also a wedding minister. I could ask photographers, videographers, DJ’s, wedding planners and bands what they suggest to the couples they work with and what top mistakes to avoid. Who do you know?Â You can check out my wedding officiant websites at firstofficiant.com and mattsweddingceremonies.com. Google Adword’s policies prevent me from linking you directly to those sites, so you’ll have to copy/paste the URLs if you’re interested.Â
7) Top 10 Lists: I’m sharing one with you now! Search top 10 lists for every topic that interests you and write about those ten topics.
8) Quotes: People love quotes, so find some that relate to your blog subject and share them with the world.
9) Journal: Many bloggers simply share their experiences with their readers. Blog about being a new blogger! The readers who are with you from the beginning will follow you loyally and will trust and relate to you. Feel free to do a video journal or vlog and post them on YouTube or Instagram. There are services that will transcribe what you say into text so you also have content for those who prefer to read.
10) Answer Questions: As the blogger, you are perceived as the expert from your readers. Provide valuable information and then encourage your readers to post questions. The more involved your readers are, the better! Quora is an excellent place to get experience answering questions.Â
I hope these top 10 blog post ideas where helpful.
But remember, you need to drive traffic to your blog or website so I highly recommend checking out my article on The Best Blog Format to Improve SEO.
Want another great strategy for coming up with content? Check the video below to find out about Google Alerts!
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/12r8ec5RhxM?rel=0″ align=”center” maxwidth=”750″ /]
The top 10 blog post ideas are a great start, but just the beginning. If you’ve not seen the free workshop that goes over the 3 best strategies for generating income online, click here.
If you know that earning an income online is for you and you’d like to test drive the best training available, click below!
Freedom Through Digital Education