Top 10 Blog Post Ideas
Lots of us have great information to share, but don’t always know exactly what to share. My best suggestion is to write down the topics you know a lot about. I know about blogging, entrepreneurship and online marketing, so I write about those topics. What are your hobbies, passions and interests? Once you have several categories or subjects to discuss with others, consider these top 10 blog post ideas.
1) How To: Teach something to the world. Provide step-by-step instructions for others to follow. Most of what I’ve personally learned about gardening, first came from watching various YouTube videos.
2) Borrow topics from other bloggers. See what’s being said about the topics that interest you and put your own spin on them. Don’t copy! Put the content in your own words.
3) Book reviews. What books on the subject matter have you read? I really loved “Choose Yourself” by James Altucher. It’s my favorite book on entrepreneurship.
4) Interviews. Maybe some of your favorite authors will be willing to talk to you. Maybe the interview will be only text, or maybe it will be a recorded phone or Skype conversation that you can post on YouTube and then other social media sites. Consider interviewing other bloggers you respect, or anyone you respect as long as it relates to the subject matter of your blog post.
5) Guest Posts: Maybe the folks you’d consider interviewing have blogs of their own and would love to share it with your readers? Linking to other people’s blogs is a way for Google’s bots to find your blog, too. So are internal links pointing back to your own blog posts. Read my post on the Best Blog Format and also How To Get My Blog On The First Page Of Google.
6) Writing Contest: Join one or create one. I’m not only an online entrepreneur, but also a wedding minister. I could ask photographers, videographers, DJ’s, wedding planners and bands what they suggest to the couples they work with and what top mistakes to avoid. Who do you know? You can check out my wedding officiant websites at www.firstofficiant.com, www.mymobileminister.com and www.mattsweddingceremonies.com. Google Adword’s policies prevent me from linking you directly to those sites, so you’ll have to copy/paste the URLs if you’re interested.
7) Top 10 Lists: I’m sharing one with you now! Search top 10 lists for every topic that interests you and write about those ten topics.
8) Quotes: Find quotes that relate to your blog subject and share them with the world.
9) Journal: Many bloggers simply share their experiences with their readers. Blog about being a new blogger! The readers who are with you from the beginning will follow you loyally and will trust and relate to you.
10) Answer Questions: As the blogger, you are perceived as the expert from your readers. Provide valuable information and then encourage your readers to post questions. The more involved your readers are, the better!
I hope these top 10 blog post ideas where helpful.
Want another great strategy for coming up with content? Check the video below to find out about Google Alerts!
The top 10 blog post ideas are a great start, but just the beginning. If you’ve not seen the free 7-day Digital Lifestyle video series, click here.
If you know that earning an income online is for you and you’d like to test drive the best training available, click below!
Freedom Through Digital Education
Click here for my Youtube Channel
Click here for my Facebook Page
Click here for my Google Plus Page
Click here for my LinkedIn Page
Matt T. Nathanson–Top 10 Blog Post Ideas–Top of page