If you want to get your content in front of people, following the best blog format is a must. This strategy will bring visitors to your site and provide Google’s search bots with the right information, so that your blog appears under search results. Coming up with good blog content is only part of the challenge. Getting your blog post in front of people who are searching is equally important.Â
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/9ZFaGyl5dCg?rel=0″ align=”center” maxwidth=”750″ /]
If you’d like to learn more about earning an income online and you’ve not seen the free workshops, click here.
So, how do you format the perfect blog post for SEO?
1) Keyword research is the most crucial step because it’s the foundation. Log out of Google or Bing so that search results are unbiased and not based on your personal search history. In Google’s search box, type quotation marks before and after the keyword phrase you’re searching. For example, “best blog format.” You’ll then notice below the search box it says 23,700 results. That’s a great number because there’s not much competition and my post has a chance of coming up under Google’s search results.
Avoid using keywords with more than 30,000 results. Â 10,000-12,000 is ideal. For example, “how do I start a blog” has 346,000 results that come up using that keyword phrase and there’s too much competition to be seen. It would be best to blog about another keyword phrase. Longer keyword phrases are best. The more descriptive your keyword phrase, the more likely you are to drive traffic to your blog or website. “Best blog post” is shorter than I might recommend, but with only 23,700 searches, it’s worth writing about because the chances of my blog post being seen are higher.
2) Start by making sure that the title of your blog is formatted in H1, which can be found in the drop down box near the font, within WordPress. WordPress should automatically format the title of your blog post in H1, but you might not use WordPress or want to verify.
3) Next, make sure the next heading that brings viewers into your post is formatted in H2. Google’s bots look for H1, H2, and H3 formatted keywords. I’ve formatted the title above, “So what is the best blog format?” in H2 and I’ll mention my keyword phrase again, in a link at the very bottom of this blog post and formatted in H3. That link will simply take viewers back to the top of my blog post. Linking back to the top in H3 serves two purposes, a back link and also the H3 format Google is looking for.
4) Links to other relevant websites or other blog posts are important. If you can’t think of backlinks to have throughout the body of your blog post, at least have links to your blog home page and social media pages as your signature. This is where affiliate marketing comes in. Recommend products you believe in that are relevant to your readers. If readers click through and buy, you get paid as an affiliate. For example, much of what I know about blogging came from my education with the Six Figure Mentors.Â They teach people how to earn a living from the comfort of your laptop.Â
5) Always optimize photos and images. Tag any images you include in your blog post with keywords and descriptions and even links to other sites. The more information Google’s bots have to determine the relevancy of your site, the better. Royalty free images can be downloaded from www.istockphoto.com, www.shutterstock.com and www.123rf.com.
6) Google’s spiders/bots also look to find your keyword or phrase in bold, underlined and inÂ italics. You’ll notice that best blog formatÂ in my first sentence above is bold and was just underlined in this sentence, and I’ll italicize it in closing.
7) The best blog format is around 500 words, with the keyword phrase mentioned five or six times throughout.
8) Syndicate your blog post, which I’ll tell you how to do HERE.
How often do you update and revise older blog posts?
As often as you can and at least a few times per year. There’s no need to create a new blog post every time you have something to say. Many times content can be added to a previous post and the search engines love websites that are continually updated, so make a note on your calendar to update posts periodically.
Online forums or social media groups are great sources for content ideas. Newbies post questions regularly and you can answer their questions in your blog posts. You’ll add keywords to your blog posts, content that keeps people on your site, and drive future traffic for free. The more information you provide on your blog, the better off you’ll be.
What are some tips to get more comments on blog posts?
The more comments you have, the more engagement the search engines see so the more relevant they consider you to be. Comments are important and I’ve found that people are more likely to leave a comment when common questions have been left unanswered. For example, check out this post from my wedding website.
It’s also a good idea simply to ask your readers to comment. Ask your readers if you’ve forgotten to include anything in your post, or if they have experience to share and look out for bots leaving spam comments. Fortunately, there are free antispam WordPress plugins that can eliminate most of these.
Best Blog Format
It’s important to follow the best blog format if you’d like to appear within search results.Â Remember that your blog posts will exist online as long as your site is up and running. Taking the time to format it correctly in the beginning will make your effort pay off with views for years.
Want to test drive the best affiliate marketing training there is? Click below!
Freedom Through Digital Education